We are committed to providing a high–quality legal service to all of our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
Please contact our Principal Andrew Hurrell if you have a complaint. You may write to him at 198 The Broadway, Thorpe Bay, Southend on Sea, Essex SS1 3EU.
What will happen next?
- We shall send you a letter, acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details which you have given to us. We shall also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You may expect to receive this letter within two working days of our receiving your complaint.
- We shall record your complaint in our central register and open a file. We shall do this within two working days after receiving your complaint.
- We shall respond promptly to your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You may expect to hear from us within three working days after receiving your reply.
- We shall then begin to investigate your complaint. This may involve our taking one or more of the following steps:-
- We may ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within five working days.
- We may examine his or her reply and the information in your complaint file. We may then ask him or her for more information. This may be up to seven working days after receiving his or her reply and the file.
- We shall invite you to meet to discuss (and hopefully resolve) your complaint. We shall do this within five working days after receiving all of the information required from the member of staff who acted for you.
- We shall write to you within four working days after the meeting, confirming what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you. If you do not require a meeting (or it is not possible) we shall send to you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within five working days of our completing our investigations.
- If you are still not satisfied at this stage you should write to us again. We shall then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:-
- We shall arrange for Andrew Hurrell to review your complaint. He will do so within ten working days.
- We may ask our local Law Society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint. We shall let you know how long this process will take.
- We shall invite you to agree to independent mediation. We shall let you know how long this process will take.
- We shall let you know the outcome within five working days after the end of the review. We shall write to you at this time, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We shall also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman who will deal with your complaint if you remain dissatisfied.
We shall let you know if we need to change any of the timescales indicated above and explain why.